Have you ever gotten yourself in a condition where you've quit smoking cigarettes for perhaps several weeks, sometimes even months just to find yourself starting again as if you had never quit? I have to admit, I did. That's because I was missing something, which I had discovered the hard way. And maybe this is possibly why I'm sharing my experience with you, so you can avoid this fault in the future.
I am sure you would know that almost always, smokers use the explanation of "releasing anxiety" to smoke. For some this "anxiety release" has become a reality which in fact it is not. The real cause why you feel better is because of the intake of nicotine. The fact is... you don't need cigarettes to get by!
The situation: Many have associated cigarettes with actually releasing stress, so much so that it became the truth. So after awhile, when a person is trying to stop smoking cigarettes they can't stand anxiety, guess what they turn to? Smoking!
The answer for this is, not only must you quit smoking, you should also find the alternatives for recreation and to relieve worry! When you've established this simple idea, you are more capable of handling anxiety from other techniques instead of turning back to smoking cigarettes.
Among the alternatives for recreation and releasing pressure are:
1. Exercise-Why Do people get turned off by this word. Naturally, did you know that our body needs exercise regularly, minimum twice a week? But somehow in this current busy world, exercise is deemed uncommon. My personal favorite is swimming. It really relaxes me and allows me to get a good nights sleep without disturbance.
2. Meditation-Meditation methods like Tai Chi and Yoga has been proven for hundreds of years to have positive effects and increase one's energy
3. Take a hot bath-Pamper yourself by taking a hot bath with light music and low lights.
4. Reading-A good method to "escape from reality" for a while and to entertain yourself.
5. Enjoy a nice comedy-You should realize by now that laughing is the best medicine?
6. Massage and Spa-Excellent method of relaxing decades of accumulated worry.
I'm sure you understand by now. Whatever you choose, be sure that you've got an alternative to relax and release anxiety instead of finding "the" excuse of turning back to smoking. It may sound simple, but very effective. Try it and you'll be astounded how these tips can aid you on the journey to quit smoking for good.
About the Author
Now that you are ready to quit smoking you need to get as much info as possible. Visit today for more free tips on how to quit smoking now. Gain the confidence you need to quit at http://www.quit-smoking-cigarettes-now.com